Check out these 16 easy DIY pallet projects you can make on your homestead.
I love using pallets to make things on the homestead. Why? Because you can get them for free!
We have friends who have an endless number of pallets on their farm, so they let us have as many as we need. So we load up the back of the truck with 10 or so at a time and we are good to go.
Isn’t it great when you can recycle something for free into something useful on your homestead?
Here are some ideas for what you can do with pallet projects around the home. I separated the categories on different pages so the post wasn’t too long.
16 Easy DIY Pallet Projects for Home Decor:
Tips for Using Pallets for Furniture:
- Be careful when pulling apart the pallet pieces (splinters and staples hurt!).
- Make sure your pallet us untreated if you are using it in the garden.
- Sand down the parts that are going to be touching skin (those pesky splinters again).
- Get more pallets than you think you need, because there will always be broken and short pieces.
- Using a sawzall (here is one here) will help you take the pallet apart quickly and painlessly.
- If you need help learning how to take apart a pallet quickly, check out this video tutorial.
DIY Pallet Projects are a great way to recycle old pallets (that you can usually get for free) into something pretty and/or useful on the homestead. You can even involve the kids for a fun, family project.
How do you use pallets on your homestead? Let us know in the comments below. And if you found this post helpful, please share. Thanks!