Tips for Using Pallets for Furniture:
- Be careful when pulling apart the pallet pieces (splinters and staples hurt!).
- Make sure your pallet us untreated if you are using it in the garden.
- Sand down the parts that are going to be touching skin (those pesky splinters again).
- Get more pallets than you think you need, because there will always be broken and short pieces.
- Using a sawzall (here is one here) will help you take the pallet apart quickly and painlessly.
- If you need help learning how to take apart a pallet quickly, check out this video tutorial.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Check out how making pallet projects can add fun and functionality to your homestead.” quote=”Check out how making pallet projects can add fun and functionality to your homestead.”]
DIY Pallet Projects are a great way to recycle old pallets (that you can usually get for free) into something pretty and/or useful on the homestead. You can even involve the kids for a fun, family project.
Want to remember this? Save 16 Easy DIY Pallet Projects for Home Decor to your favorite homesteading Pinterest Board!
How do you use pallets on your homestead? Please let us know in the comments below. And if you found this post helpful, please share. Thanks!